The club has some basic rules for members using the river Cam. If you are unsure about anything, then contact the committee for more information.
- A group canoeing on the Cam must consist of at least 3 people.
- All members of the group must be members of the club.
- Buoyancy aids must be worn at all times.
- Paddlers must act in a responsible and safe manner.
- Paddlers must respect both kit and site, and report any damage.
- The site and sheds must be left secure and locked, including while paddling.
- Paddlers should take care lifting boats to avoid the risk of injury. Ask if you are unsure how to lift safely.
- Do not paddle near weirs.
- For paddling outside of timetabled sessions at least one member of the group must be a CUCC Advanced Paddler or the entire group must be CUCC Responsible Paddlers.
Competent paddlers may be granted permission to paddle alone or in groups of less than the specified number. This is at the discretion of the President – paddlers who wish to take advantage of this discretion should contact the President. More detailed information may be found in the club’s safety policy.
Local river levels can be found here.